The milk produced at Fenimore Farm had one of three destinations. Some was bottled and sold locally and regionally, while other milk was bottled and shipped by rail to The Dakota, an upscale apartment building in Manhattan that Edward Severin Clark owned. The rest of the milk was sold in bulk to larger dairy producers.
Bibliographic Information: Milk Bottle from Fenimore Farm, 1940, by Thatcher Manufacturing Company, glass, H: 9 1/2 x D: 3 3/4." The Farmers' Museum, Cooperstown, New York, Gift of C.R. Jones, F0079.1987.